Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Topical Tuesday #55 - Watercoloured Lil Bee


Hi all and welcome to Topical Tuesday!  Today I've watercoloured Lil Bee using Aquarelle Art Grip Pencils.

Here's my completed card :


In the video below I'll show you how quick and easy it is to do a simple watercolour with very few colours!  Once my bee was finished I actually went back and added some orange to him to give him a lift, then sponged the card with Scattered Straw and edged the top corner with Barn Door.

The centre green panel is white textured card that I've swiped with Distress Ink Evergreen Bough, then embossed and brayered again with green to highlight it.  The sides are simple Barn Door swiped down to colour!


I hope you enjoyed the video!  Ask away if you have any questions and if you 'd like to share your watercolour creations add them HERE on our ning website - Stamp Embellish Create - remembering to include this week's tag - tt055

Hugs for now,

Andrea

11 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card! Clean and simple, using such easy and accessible techniques! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for the tutorial. I need to pull out my pencils again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your watercoloring and this little bee is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image is sooo cute AND your coloring is awesome!

    Have a lovely day/Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the video and watching you color. I definitely want to give this a try now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colouring, Andrea. Whenever I do this I always end up with a splotchy effect - not smooth transitions like yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Andrea, I hardly ever watercolour... maybe I should give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo cute! We'd love for you to try out at our new design team: Sister Act Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Andrea, you make it look so easy lol! LOVE the end result and your colouring skills using all different mediums is truly amazing! LOVE your background to your card too!

    ReplyDelete

We love having you visit, and we love reading your comments :) Thank you for taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails